Friday, March 9, 2012

Homemade Washi Tape


Don't you just love colors and patterns?
I do and have been trying to find washi tape in my area, no such luck.
Then I remembered an extensive post by Mel McCarthy of Mel Stampz that had a link to a video by Nichole Heady from PaperTrey Ink

Well, you know I had to try it.


I gathered some supplies:
Scor-Tape in 1/2" and 1" from a local place Impressive Ideas
Tissue Paper from my stash
Ink from my stash (Versa Magic Chalk Ink)
Acrylic Stamps from my stash (and new to my stash)

I followed what Nicole did in the video and am loving making my own designs in my own colors.  I especially like that I can make as much or as little of any certain tape.

I am working on a project for a group I will spending some time with in April.

Let me know if you make your own washi tape!

6 comments:

  1. That washi tape is gorgeous, Annette... wow! and almost everything came from your stash. Hooray for tutorials!I love it that you can make coordinating tape for your projects in the right amounts... how cool is that... here again is genius at work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you come to our next Woodstock Swarm, maybe you can demonstrate this for us!! ???

    Way COOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun project! You did a great job! I am follower #13! Have fun at Woodstock! I couldn't make it this time, but hope to see you at the next one!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to you I now know i might be able to make my own!!! How cool is that! Thanks so much for the links and the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way Cool!
      Hopefully I can see what you make on Flicker

      Delete