Saturday, March 1, 2014

Thinking of You


Hey There ~I have been thinking about you and missed posting here.
I have been making cards, just haven't posted them.


 I subscribe to the Simon says Stamp monthly card kits. One of the really neat things about their subscription is that you get to choose which kits to get.

 I wasn't 100% sure if I wanted the February 2014 Thinking of You kit with this stamp set. I really liked the "You Are" "missed" "loved" & "Thinking of You" words included along with the dots and leaf frond; thinking they would be really great for Operation Write Home cards.

Yes, you guessed it... I got it.


 Thought you might like to see a few cards with this set.


Tried an ombre effect with my Copic markers and words as a background.


Liked how that looked, so tried another.


Had several black rectangles with holes punched in my stash pile. Thought it would showoff the snake and be a good place to use the little letters that come in the kit!


You Are my main squeeze is a fun and unexpected sentiment for a Love card.

Do you subscribe to any monthly kits?
If so, which one(s)?  And what is your favorite part of the kit?

2 comments:

  1. This is a very nice group of cards Annette! I don't subscribe to any kits but if I could I would definitely chose the Simon Stamps sets. They seem to have a nice mix of stuff and I like that you do have the option to skip it if it doesn't really fit your style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was drawn to your cards on the monthly card kit section of the SSS blog, and came here for a closer look. I was delighted to see that you make cards for OWH too! I don't subscribe to the SSS kits, but buy one every now and then. I was too late for this kit, but did get the stamp set and the paper pack. Your cards are lovely!

    ReplyDelete