Saturday, November 17, 2012

Boots


I saw a card Sandy Allnock had made and really liked the sentiment. Here is my version. I was able to cut some images from the Cricut Stand and Salute Cartridge for a promotion Cricut.com had for Veterans Day.

{I had an opportunity to speak to some veterans at a local American Legion meeting last week about Operation Write Home.  I made about 40 AnyHero cards for them to write in and get back to me.  I had cut some star and star borders and thought they would be more military looking if I distressed them. Finally had a reason to get some Distressed ink!}


I crumpled up the boots, applied the ink and colored the soles with Copic markers. I mounted the second boot with foam mounting tape.  I really like how the ink works and am looking forward to learning more about Distressed Ink techniques.


Here is a card I did for the OWH Sketch Challenge #146 ~okay it is a very loose interpretation but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.


I really like the look and feel of the boots after distressing.

Supplies Used:
Faded Jeans  Tea Dye ~Ranger Tim Holtz Distressed Inks
Brown Cardstock ~DCWV Harvest Gathering Paper Pack
Huckleberry Pie ~Bazzill Basics Patterned 6x6 Paper
Tuxedo Black ~Memento Dye Ink
Clear Letter Stamps ~The Paper Studio
Blue Seam Binding ~My Stash
E23  E29  BV25  W5 ~Copic Sketch Markers
Diamond Plate ~Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Stand & Salute ~Cricut Cartridge
E2 Machine  Cuttlebug Machine

No comments:

Post a Comment