Friday, April 5, 2013

Trends


Arrows may be one of the trends right now but I sure struggle trying to use them.  Thought it would be better to go simple.  Flags seem to work with most paper.  The rick rack was a little hard to keep adhered to the paper.   Some of the Glossy Accents squished around and dried before I could wipe it off and then looked too shiny and messy.  I forgot that about that glue. 


I added another layer of the rick rack with white glue and think that looks better.  I was happy that the teeny tiny brads matched the arrow colors.  I am using this card to wish Happy 4th Birthday to the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!


Washi Tape is another trend I seem to have trouble with.  I really like it but it always seems like the patterns don't work with the rest of my design.  I have resisted buying any because "How could I decide which to get?" and "How could I not get some in every color?" 


How fortunate for me that a roll of washi tape has been in each of the Monthly Card Kits I have gotten from Simon Says Stamp.  I think this tape worked on this card because the sentiment is on such a large solid shape, the tape is black and not real busy and the patterned paper has a lot of white space.  I think this will make a great AnyHero card.

What do you think of Trends?  Which do you like or struggle with?

Supplies Used:
Daphne's Closet Patterned Paper ~Lawn Fawn
Park Bench Patterned Paper ~Fancy Pants
Blue Cardstock ~Bazzill Basics Juicy Pack
African Daisy Yellow Cardstock ~Bazzill Basics
Happy Every Day Stamp Set ~Simon Says Stamp
Rose Coral Chalk Ink ~Colorbox
Flower Friend Stamp Set ~Simon Says Stamp
White Rick Rack ~Bazzill Basics
Tiny Blue Brads ~My Stash
Tuxedo Black Dye Ink ~Memento
White Lattice Washi Tape ~Simon Says Stamp
 Vintage Stitched Label Die ~My Creative Time

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous CAS cards Annette, great use of washi tape, I always enjoy the lollypop in the kit lol.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these are great cards! I love the color combos!!!

    ReplyDelete